Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tiger Brawl! :D

I gritted my teeth when a teacher in school blasted me for no reason, when I got beatings for back-answering at home, I felt like throwing things away but Come on, The situation here is much much intense.People are not expected to grit their teeth when subjected to public humiliation of being dragged out of cars. But while you face all this humiliation do not be disappointed because in the coming days you will reach limitless heights of popularity with these clippings being shown on news channels at a minimum frequency of five minutes. Yes, it is indeed the Mumbai taxi driver I am talking about!

Raj Thackrey is on a crusade against vada pav and pani puris! He and his party MNS's workers intend to revolutionize the whole scene in Maharashtra. The migrants are the invaders eating up the state resources, are a burden on the infrastructure, are occupying spaces meant for the non-migrants, and are casting a spell on the Marathi culture. Only the true sons of the soil can reside without being harassed. If cultures do not mingle with each other, they lead to stagnation and finally wither away is a thought that you and I may understand but the man who claims to take Mumbai to new heights unfortunately does not! His supporters might justify it by calling it his 'possessiveness' towards the nativeland. The land is all his by the way!! The Sena regardless of the laws it infringes attempts to keep its culture pure and undiluted. Why is Amitabh Bachchan the brand ambassador for UP and not the state where he made his living? Why does he not open schools in Maharashtra? Well, UP asked him to be their ambassador and Maharashtra apparently did not consider him worthy enough or suffered from bad timing.

When Raj thackrey's Non north Indian campaign is the breaking news for all news channels, I wonder at petty things happening around me. The word 'bhaiyya' has become offensive. It is ghastly to see such indifference around. Is it just provocative or does it really bother people? Ok, I really don't get it. The MNS wants to get rid of the labour from Bihar and UP. By doing so, Mumbai won't have any taxis plying and no vada pav or pani puri stalls but more importantly the culture shall remain intact! If anything, I would argue that Thackeray did not go far enough. I've just about had it with the delicious fish I buy from my Goan fisherwoman. Each time I savor the delicious fish fry, I am just angered at the fact that I didn't buy this fish from a Maharashtrian. If we're taking all this trouble to get rid of the North Indians, can we please also get the rid of the Goans too. Why should Colaba alone enjoy the cool sea breeze of Mumbai ? Have we not suffered enough. Last time I checked, I have not seen Colabans open any schools in Andheri. I swear my next door neighbor is 1/8th North Indian. Can we at least send her to north Mumbai? The basic theme is - if you start dividing india into regions why not mumbai into regions and since the latter is ridiculous, so is the former.

Mumbai is facing an acute shortage of students, since as many as 53,000 new schools have been opened up by patriotic North Indians after Mr. Thackeray's campaign "The government should ensure a steady supply of students for our schools", complained Mr. Gupta, a businessman-turned-principal. "If there aren't enough students, then maybe we can import some from other neighboring areas" Some innovative solutions to this shortage have been proposed, such as extending the school hours and making students attend multiple schools. One irate woman from UP said "what do these kids do after 4pm anyway ? Why cant they attend my school from 4pm to 9pm after their regular school?

When all this hue and cry happens around the country, people like you and I sit in front of television screens with our dinner plates and pick our favourite news channels for our share of entertainment. My TV screen suddenly goes hyperactive when Uma bharati comes in with all the vigour she has and says "I will go to Mumbai with a train full of followers from Uttar Pradesh to celebrate Chhath, and I challenge him (Raj Thackeray) to stop me from doing so". Thats the news for the day. We expect better. Being a maharashtrian myself this blatant discrimination saddens me deeply.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Merin Mandanna said...

:D Lol!!! Who knew you and sarcasm are such good friends?! :D
super! hehe.
And need I say, I agree with this? In a broader sense,not just in Maharashtra,if you know what I mean.

January 16, 2009 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Shivraj said...

interesting and thought provoking insight on the ugly mess that is mumbai today...people of mumbai should be rightly remunerated for their grit and determination in these trying times rather than deal with the egotistical views of the MNS.....nice post....u go girl...:D

January 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger soda said...

really nice post!! love the raj belting :)

February 6, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home